Sudbury Comp Round 2 13/05/2012

Post your ideas and organise events

Sudbury Comp Round 2 13/05/2012

Postby kirkynut » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:11 pm

For those who didn't know, the second round of this Series @ Sudbury is being held on 13/05/2012.

I've not had as much fun watching and taking Piccies at a Comp since the Mission 4x4 Events, so will be at the next one as I'm off work!

Who's entering from Zee Club then???

Chris and Mackie appeared to enjoy the last one bitched by Team Woody and the Senior Members (by length of membership, not age, before they beat me up) Mr Bobtail and Mr Kwak did well and I thought they may win, but got pipped to the post by two other teams! They've got to be up for a re-match!!!

Kev, now you've got the Big Event out of the way, are you and Chris going to rise to the Challenge as it were???

Grant, now you've got some new rubber on posh Mach 5's, are you going to put them to good use???

Jay, it's marshalled by a LR Club but Matt is running it under the title of Suffolk Off Road Events, and as there is no Land Rover in that title, you could show them how to do it in your Zuk - you know the cage can handle rolling down the bowl!!!

Nothing is definate yet, however, I may have a photo and a small number of words in the Event's section of Total 4x4 covering the last event. If so, it will be in the issue that comes out in mid June. With luck I can do the same for this second round too!

EDIT: Just realised, this is a Club Course day - being the 2nd Sunday of the month - so all y'all not competing can still use your trucks that day at our own site!!!

Wob
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
kirkynut

Re: Sudbury Comp Round 2 13/05/2012

Postby kk mobile » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:18 pm

Good luck to those that are going!! Don't think i can make it?? If i can i would like to but the club needs supporting aswell at the mo doesn't it??

And if all turn up @ sudbury who's gonna run the club on club day??
I Hate Tyre Kickers!! www.kkmobile.co.uk
kk mobile

Postby kirkynut » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:19 pm

kk mobile wrote:Good luck to those that are going!! Don't think i can make it?? If i can i would like to but the club needs supporting aswell at the mo doesn't it??

And if all turn up @ sudbury who's gonna run the club on club day??

Yeah, I realised the date after I posted, hence the edit. Comps do create a bit of club spirit though, but you're right, the club does need supporting.

I'm hoping to keep the publicity up for the club in these mag articles though.

You are right though Kev, you are right. Shame the date clashes though as it would be good for Team ERD to stamp it's authority in a Challenge Series again!

It is a double edged sword though as it seemed when the Missions were running that all those competing spent all their time and money developing their trucks and were shy to use them at the Club through fear of breaking something before a comp.

Also, once people had done comps, mucking about down the club no longer provided the thrills or entertainment it once did.

So perhaps I'm a bit selfishly off the mark as I do like watching my mates competing!

Wob
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
kirkynut

Postby bobtail84 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:24 pm

It's the club for me as I've got a brown envelope to deliver. :shock: and club 1st comps as and when.
Image Image

Catch me if you can... MegaSquirt your engine @ http://www.essexmegasquirt.co.uk
bobtail84

Postby mudzilla90 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:07 am

Hi Guys just sorted a direct link to my facebook page so you can view the Pictures and updates.

www.facebook.com/S.O.R.E.4X4.

Thanks matt
mudzilla90

Return to Organised Events